This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer for more information.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! ‘Tis the season for cozy fires, twinkling lights, and spending time with loved ones.
There is no better time to make cherished memories than during Christmastime.
One of the best ways to ensure that you make the most of this magical season is to create a bucket list for Christmas.
Not sure what that is or how to go about making one? Keep reading for everything you need to know!
What is a Christmas Bucket List?
A bucket list for Christmas is simply a list of all the things you want to do during the holiday season. This could be things like watching your favorite Christmas movie, baking cookies, going ice skating, or taking a festive holiday photo. The sky’s the limit! The important thing is that your bucket list items are things that will bring you joy and get you in the festive mood.
How Do You Make a Christmas Bucket List?
Making a bucket list for Christmas is easy and can be done one of two ways. The first option is to brainstorm a list on your own. Sit down with a pen and paper (or open up a Word doc) and start jotting down anything and everything that sounds fun to do during Christmastime. If you get stuck, think about some of your favorite holiday traditions and try to come up with new ways to make them even more special.
The second option is to search for pre-made Christmas bucket lists online for inspiration. Once you find one you like, you can print it out or save it to your computer so you can refer back to it throughout the season. You can also use it as a starting point to create your own custom list.
Finally, our Christmas planner comes with a bucket list section with headings like “Movies to Watch” and “Food to Eat and Bake” to get you started and brainstorming your lists.
No matter which route you choose, be sure to get creative and have fun with it! This is your chance to make this year’s holiday season even more memorable than usual.
What Are Some Popular Activities at Christmas?
Looking for some ideas to get started on your bucket list for Christmas? Here are some popular festive activities:
- Send out holiday cards
- Attend a holiday party
- Make and decorate a gingerbread house
- Build a snowman
- Watch festive movies & TV shows
- Write letters to Santa Claus
- Look at holiday lights
- Learn about different holiday traditions around the world
- Drink hot chocolate by the fire
- Visit a Christmas market
- Attend a Christmas lights switch on
- Go out for a festive meal
- Bake and decorate gingerbread men
- Give gifts to charity
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Go ice skating
- Listen to festive music
- Go sledding or tobogganing
- Participate in Secret Santa
- Bake and decorate a Christmas cake
- Make homemade gifts like scarfs or candles
- Spend time with family & friends
- Go to a Christmas pantomime
- Read a book by the fire
- Play a board game with family
- Drink mulled wine or cider
- Decorate your tree with friends or family
- Go carol singing for charity
- Have a festive movie marathon
- Make paper snowflakes to decorate your home
- Organise a Christmas party or get-together
- Put up Christmas lights in your garden
- Go on a Christmas light tour of your local area
- Perform a random act of kindness
- Kiss under the mistletoe
- Read a festive ghost story
- Make a handmade Christmas card with glitter
- Make homemade Christmas crackers
- Light a festive scented candle
Whatever items end up on your final list, just remember that the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy everything that this wonderful time of year has to offer!
What do People do on Christmas Eve?
Christmas Eve is a great time to tick some items off of your bucket list. As family gather and everyone gets into the festive mood, there are plenty of fun activities that everyone can enjoy. Some popular activities include watching a Christmas movie, eating festive food, playing a board game, or listening to festive music. You could also use the time to finalise any last-minute preparations for Christmas Day, such as wrapping presents or setting out cookies for Santa and his reindeer. Whatever you choose to do, make sure to enjoy the moment and savor the anticipation of Christmas Day!
Now that you know what a bucket list for Christmas is and how easy it is to make one, there’s no excuse not to start brainstorming your own list today! And don’t forget, our Christmas planner can help you plan and keep track of all your holiday activities so you make the most of this festive season!
Use the tips and ideas in this article as inspiration and before you know it, you’ll have pages full of festive activities that are guaranteed to make this holiday season one for the books.
And don’t forget—once you’ve ticked everything off your list, be sure share it with friends and family so they can join in on the fun too! Merry Christmas!
Check out our Christmas planners designed to make Christmas planning easy. We’ve made sure everything you need is included, from budgeting to gift lists, and more!
If you’re looking for Christmas planning tips check out our post about Christmas planning through the year. We’ve broken down all of the most important tasks into easy month-by-month tasks so you’ll be organised and ready for Christmas.